Monday, February 9, 2009

A princesa de meus




I rode up to your castle
And my horse it neighed, like the rising of the sun.
He reared o'er the mist and fog,
Reaching for the fading stars from the night of All Saints.
Grandiose were his hooves,
Larger than the dinnerwares of La Conciergerie
Or those of Plazzo Pitti.
The moonbeams of the moon,
And the sunbeams of the sun,
Twisted and turned in the night air
To form the Godly light that befell the morn.
A swallow from the stream should've held me
Until I drank once again with you.
Tallow could not be found in the hills
So I would arrive as I am,
My boots covered in soot
And my horse's coat cloaked in pellets of frozen dew.

Away I ran,
Spurring my horse ever faster
Down the frosted slopes of the east.
In the valley, you lay and wait
For me to lift you from where your head rests,
To kiss you and revive you from the
Forceful sleep of man.
My eyes glissened in the soft light of the dawn,
Though they dried by the wind at my face.
Our hearts were beating together,
Although mine surely doubled yours.
And I reached the gate!

I soon learned that your sleep was not of man,
But of God.

Drinking from the from the river not too far down
My steed walked off without me.
It seemed that my drink lasted a little too long,
But i had now found your castle.
In the sky.


I may be no Prince Charming,
but I would gladly find your slipper.
I may be no Prince Charming,
but I would help you let your hair down.

No comments:

Post a Comment